Harm.us - Death, Black, Doom and Gothic Metal WebZine
Main Bandlist Writings Forum Services About us
Death, Black, Doom and Gothic Metal band infoA - Z
A-dam
July 31, 2005 at 18:00:50
HCDR did not apeal to me like the other albums, it sounded kind of cheap and the keyboard sounded kinda funny. I do like most of the songs though non the less just i feel they could have stuck with the origonal CoB sound.
A-dam
July 31, 2005 at 17:57:52
I agree about the rhythmatics in somthing wild, however i find that hatebreeder had the best mixture of both guitar and keyboard aspecially in songs like "bed of razors" and "black widdow"
Dan
June 30, 2005 at 17:32:30
I really liked HCDR too, but I just didn't like the effects that alexi put on his voice in some songs. I agree with you that Hatebreeder is the best "representation" of them as a band, but I don't feel it is their best album.
Clay
June 30, 2005 at 15:34:23
Personally I think that Hatebreeder and HCDR are their best efforts... HCDR has some really infectious choruses, and they just have an excellent sound overall. As for Hatebreeder, it's one of my favorite albums of all time... I believe it was the best representation of Children of Bodom as well.
Dan
June 28, 2005 at 15:04:11
I think Follow the reaper is a stronger album compared to Hatebreeder. That is if I'm not misunderstanding what you mean. I think that Hatebreeder has more of the same sounding parts and the keyboards are used in places they shouldn't be. Not that they arnt used well, but kind of over used.
Dan
June 28, 2005 at 15:01:46
On Something Wild. Not until Hatebreeder did they really start using baroque sounding guitar parts, and (from what I notice) they use less on Follow the Reaper.
Eyeless Sentry
June 28, 2005 at 13:46:58
Hmm, point taken Dan. Track 4 of which album though? :p
dan
June 28, 2005 at 12:27:57
actually they arnt neo-baroque, they are mostly taken from the classical period, if you listen to track four you can hear mozart in the begining, although some signs of neo-baroque are in there.
Eyeless Sentry
June 28, 2005 at 11:04:36
I agree with all of you, and I believe that Hatebreeder is the most focused effort out of their albums musically; their neo-baroque phrases are more well defined than their rock/thrash-oriented later efforts, and the songs within are of equal quality. Keyboards were used more as an accompaniment on FTR/HCDR as opposed to a lead instrument on HB or SW.
Tanhald
June 28, 2005 at 07:49:57
Keyboard-wise, I find Something Wild their best album, but I believe that Hatebreeder is a slightly stronger album if you look at the big picture. In any case, the first two albums are by far their best.
Next 2 »
Main | Bandlist | Reviews | Interviews | Articles | Forum | Samples | About