Harm.us - Death, Black, Doom and Gothic Metal WebZine
Main Bandlist Writings Forum Services About us
Death, Black, Doom and Gothic Metal band infoA - Z
Dan
July 23, 2005 at 19:05:46
Excelver. I don't personally feel that way at all. Even if it does come down to "irrelevant noise" it is still a forum in which people should be allowed to speak what they will freely and have to worry about someone acting childish enough to change their IP adress. And another thing Ex, I do recall you stooping to talking in "irrelevant noise", and just to refresh your memory, you said something along the lines of thread will self destruct in 10, 9, 8, and so on and so forth. And Potrokh, if you didn't get rid of him for personally disliking him, why did you get rid of him? I did notice that you only deleted the posts that "bashed" you, and on top of that, thats the only time that you even really had a problem with the discussion. Ending the discussion, fine, no problem, I agree that it was getting to personal. But to stoop to something as childish as banning an auther, and a good auther at that from the site. Come now, I understand that, as Excelver brown nosingly said "our beloved webmaster" you have a responsibility to uphold. Well then uphold your responsibility and don't abuse it childishly.
Cuchulainn
July 22, 2005 at 19:18:30
Potrokh, Maybe I should have put this in our other forum but, what exactly is the reason he was let go??? I didn't really read too many of his posts in the "deleted" discussion, so maybe it's obvious, I don't know... Just curious... I don't know enough about him to have an opinion to be honest...
Potrokh
July 22, 2005 at 14:50:30
I thought you were pissed at me for deleting your stuff too.
Excelver
July 22, 2005 at 14:37:47
As much as we would love to remain libertarian about people's posts, understand that our beloved webmaster has a resposiblilty to uphold a basic standard of intelligent discussion on this forum, lest this board devolve into irrelevant noise. Those discussions started off well but rapidly deteriorated into redundancy and stupidity. It's not about shutting down the opposition or whatever, it's quality control.
Potrokh
July 22, 2005 at 14:16:01
Well Dan, of course he mentions me because I just happen to be the one responsible for everything here, including all expenses, and I already told people involved that some posts have been deleted. This has happened maybe a few times in the years this forum has been online and in this case I did feel that it was better to end the discussion. Then again, I've never made a secret out of this. Every self-respecting site has a way to block ip's, and in most cases the ban is lifted after a certain period of time. Again, I am the only one to blame, and honestly speaking, I didn't read the email as the issue is over for me. As a matter of fact, I liked Horifixion, but like I said before, there have been authors let go in the past, and NOT because of me personally having a problem with them.
Dan
July 22, 2005 at 12:53:55
So there has been a lot of talk about deleting messages and what-not, and I personally, I don't know about the rest of you, want to know what is going on. This is a forum, now why the hell would someone delete someone elses posts? Thats proposterous in my mind. I recieved the email from Horfixion, and I agree with everything whole heartedly. Does that mean your going to delete my posts? I think that is utterly rediculous. I noticed that Horfixion was the only person that took my side in the prior debates, I don't think that is the reason but it does sort of make me wonder. Potrokh, I noticed he mentioned you quite a bit, and you have recieved the email also, I was wondering what your take is on it. I don't know, in my opinion Horfixion should be able to come back, not just because he took "my side" but because he was and has been a major part of most of the discussions. I just want to know what the hell is going on and why this foolishness is occuring in a freaking metal forum.
Main | Bandlist | Reviews | Interviews | Articles | Forum | Samples | About