Curumbor Elendil
November 30, 2005 at 16:51:28
No, No opinion, Subterranean
new, hutch
November 29, 2005 at 02:45:56
I DONT LIKE THIS BAND
The Evil Dead
November 27, 2005 at 23:06:21
I'm buying the new album the day it comes out... I have it already, and I think it's pretty damn good. I think it's a step up from STYE, which I did enjoy, and on par with Reroute to Remain. Keep in mind these guys have gone through what, 9 albums now? They're not going to keep giving you TJR and Whoracle over and over again. I don't think they sold out with STYE, and I don't really care if that's the opinion that people have. They can go back to listening to basement cut black metal and being more metal than thou. As for the tour... I could give a shit less about Devildriver, but Trivium is decent enough for a secondary show. It's probably not going to be on par when I saw them with Soilwork ( Who for some reason played before Chimara, and got less stage time than Chimara. ) but the fact of the matter is that it's going to be In Flames, live in the states, headlining. I'll take it. Favorite In Flames album is probably a tie between Clayman or Reroute to Remain.
cuchulainn
November 21, 2005 at 16:53:17
Honestly, I really hope going to Ferret will improve their exposure in North America, i.e. more shows, more venues, longer tours... I definitely agree that In Flames could have picked a few better bands to tour the U.S. with, but they indeed will be the best band on the bill, which might be why they (or Ferret) chose those bands to accompany In Flames...

I say, no they haven't sold out... Sorry, I actually thought STYE wasn't that bad... I find myself listening to it more religiously than anything else currently... I do religiously listen to a mix of Clayman, The Jester Race, and Whoracle though... But, I wasn't that big of a fan of their direction on Reroute to Remain, but I found that Clayman was a decent record in between a couple of bad records (not a big fan of Colony either, really hit or miss)...

Apparently you either love this band or are saddened by what they have become... I personally can't wait for the new record...
Wayfaerer
November 20, 2005 at 18:19:43
Certainly yes!

No, they didn't, some songs are subpar but far from "sell out"

Whoracle

My question I'd like to add is...do you think that joining Ferret Records has tainted In Flames as far as touring the States goes?

My answer is yes, if you want to see them with a fantastic line-up. Look at who they're touring with in January...Devildriver and Trivium. YAWN! Devildriver is okay but Trivium I've seen 2x now and can't say that I dig their stuff quite so much anymore. For the first time for an In Flames tour (who always put on a hell of a show), I'm considering passing this one by. They should be pulling over the Swedish (or at least top notch) talent, not lame US metalcore stuff...look at Soilwork, they brought over DT/Hypocrisy/Mnemic when they headlined and then, from what I've heard, had some serious pull getting Darkane added to the Fear Factory headlining tour (also featuring them and SYL). In Flames could do FAR better for a headlining tour.
Canvas Of Flesh
November 20, 2005 at 16:54:21
No Yes Whoracle
Odin
November 20, 2005 at 14:16:51
Yes No The Jester Race
Potrokh
November 20, 2005 at 13:43:21
No
Yes
The Jester Race
Cuchulainn